© %%year%% - %%sitename%%. All Rights Reserved.
Bernard Tomic hits back with hilarious video after Nick Kyrgios called him ‘stupid’ and ‘irrelevant’ – called his rival ‘childish’ and accused him of throwing cheap shots
- Tomic took to Instagram to refute Kyrgios’ claim he was ‘stupid’ and ‘broke’
- He used a video of the Oscars clap with their heads mounted on it to make his point
- It’s just the latest development in the couple’s very recent and public war of words
- Tomic said Kyrgios actually owed him money after an incident in Atlanta
The war of words between Australian tennis bad boys Bernard Tomic and Nick Kyrgios has escalated again, with the former criticizing the latter for “throwing cheap shots” and calling him “broken to death” and “stupid”.
Tomic took to Instagram to refute Kyrgios’ claims in the June 3 Daily Mail Australia story, posting a screenshot of the story’s headline with the caption “SERIOUSLY….WTF,” as well as a video of his face on Will Smith’s body and Kyrgios’ face on Chris Rock’s body, in reference to the now infamous Oscars blow.
The messages were the latest installment in the ongoing war of words between the pair of late, with their stupidity playing out on social media.
Kyrgios called Tomic the ‘most hated athlete in Australia’ before Tomic replied saying that the only reason Kyrgios continued to excite him was because ‘I am his idol’.
That led to calls for a $2 million match on grass to settle the debate over who is the better player once and for all, before Tomic changed his mind, declaring that they should have a boxing match and “settle this like men.” ‘.
Kyrgios ignored both suggestions and then continued to turn the blade.
Kyrgios is preparing to play Wimbledon later this month and said he had more important things on his mind than Tomic
“He’s not very good anymore, he’s not relevant anymore and he clearly has money problems,” Kyrgios told the newspaper. courier post†
“For someone who tried to stand up for him before and tried to help him, like my family has helped him before, I paid for his flights from Shanghai because he didn’t have any money. So for him to come out and attack is extremely disrespectful I think.
“If he challenges me to boxing matches, like first, I don’t know who’s going to pay $1 million for him because he’s dead broke. Second, I currently have bigger fish to fry. I’m trying to prepare for Wimbledon. US open.’
“And I don’t think that’s happening for him right now. But maybe one day I’d like to challenge him in that. I feel like I have him working out,” Kyrgios said.
Tomic rejected Kyrgios’ claims that he was poor and irrelevant
Unimpressed by the suggestion that he was broke, Tomic returned on Sunday with a claim of his own.
‘Why you throw cheap shots Nicky Boy. Yes, you helped me in Shanghai when we were buddies playing doubles together,” he wrote on his Instagram story.
‘I lost my wallet and I paid you back. Big deal. The same thing happened to you in Atlanta. I paid (sic) your own way when you lost your card, which if I was petty like you you’d still owe me, but I’m not going to tell the papers this.
“This is all childish. My offer still stands bro. Get up or shut up,” Tomic wrote.
Tomic posted this story on his Instagram on Sunday evening
But the highlight of the Instagram story was undoubtedly the clip from the infamous Oscars hit from earlier this year.
Tomic worked his face on Will Smith’s body and walked over to him and punched Nick Kyrgios, who had laid his head on Chris Rock.
Tomic was unimpressed by what Kyrgios had to say in an earlier Daily Mail story
He continued that with another infamous clip of that Oscar incident, “keep my name out of your damn mouth” – paraphrasing what Smith yelled at Rock prior to the blow.
Kyrgios has been spotted training on grass courts in Sydney as he prepares for this year’s Wimbledon Championships later this month, while Tomic continues to practice his craft on the Challenger Tour – a sport under the ATP.