© 2022 - USMAIL24.COM. All Rights Reserved.
‘As far as we’re concerned it’s OUT!’: Eddie Hearn is set to move on from Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury after returning the contracts last WEDNESDAY with no response… instead Dereck Chisora has now received a deal to to face The gypsy king!
- Anthony Joshua wanted to take on Tyson Fury in a Battle of Britain clash
- Eddie Hearn has said the fight is unlikely to take place on December 3rd
- Hearn returned to Fury for the required paperwork last Wednesday
- However, Hearn hasn’t heard from the gypsy king or his camp since then
- Instead, Hearn said Fury had sent Derek Chisora a contract for a trilogy fight
Eddie Hearn has said the Battle of Britain clash between Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury is unlikely to continue on December 3.
Hearn has said he is still waiting for a response from Fury and his team after sending the final draft of the contract last Wednesday.
The Matchroom promoter also revealed how he learned that the Gypsy King had sent Derek Chisora a contract for a trilogy fight on December 3.
Eddie Hearn has said Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury is unlikely to continue on December 3rd
The Gypsy King (R) has sent Derek Chisora (L) a contract for a trilogy fight on December 3
Hearn told Matchroom Boxing: ‘People are probably not fat enough to’ [not] see that Tyson Fury has mentioned two deadlines for this fight and the fight passed within Tyson Fury’s deadlines.
“People are talking about building barriers, we sent our final draft contract back to sign. They want to appoint their partner as arbitrator, that sort of thing doesn’t work.
‘We’re getting another one’ [deadline]Tyson Fury says: ‘We’re telling you now, the fight is over unless you sign [today].
Hearn is still waiting for a response from Fury and his team after he sent the contract
Hearn said he and Joshua are still open to discussions about the Battle of Britain clash
“That deadline has passed, I haven’t heard from George Warren since. So as far as we’re concerned, the battle has been won. We are happy to continue the discussions, we have not had those yet.’
Hearn continued: “They ended up giving us terms on a date they didn’t think we would accept. We have accepted that. We were ready to go. If they had signed the contract on Monday, they would have argued.
“We were asked to agree to the deal on Monday, and we were asked to agree on Wednesday. We got their comments back on Wednesday. We would never sign the fight, and we told them the fight is off.
Fury has taken two comeback wins, against Sefer Seferi and Francesco Pianeta (right)
Meanwhile, Joshua wants to return to the ring after losing to Oleksandr Usyk
“So it’s still there. It is still open for discussion. But we’re not going to play a game with a guy who just comes out to tell AJ it’s off and then he’s a dosser and he has to sign it etc.
“Fight your best if you want to fight someone else and we’ll do our thing, and we’ll see what happens.”
Negotiations over the much-anticipated December match have been underway for the past month, with both sides blaming the other’s side for the delay.
Fury became particularly frustrated with how long it took to close the deal. As a result, he took to social media twice in four days to call off the fight.
More to follow…