Latest Breaking News & Hot Updates Around USA OR All Over World

Former National Security Adviser John Bolton Says Trump Lies About ‘Standing Assignment’ On Records

0

Trump’s former national security adviser John Bolton says Trump is LYING and showing ‘desperation’ over claims he was on ‘standing order’ that all documents he pulled from the Oval Office would be released

  • Donald Trump’s ally, John Solomon, read a statement on Fox News last Friday claiming that the president is releasing all the documents he took from the Oval.
  • John Bolton told the New York Times it was ‘almost certainly a lie’
  • Bolton said he had never heard of such an order before or after serving Trump
  • A week ago today, FBI agents conducted an unannounced search of Trump’s Mar-a-Lago, Florida home over National Archives documents.
  • Unsealed warrant suggests Trump is under investigation for spy law violations, though it doesn’t go into much detail

Donald Trump’s former national security adviser John Bolton accused the ex-president of lying when he claimed Friday that he had a “standing order” that all documents taken from the White House during his tenure be released.

Bolton said the claim was “almost certainly a lie” in a… New York Times piece published on Sunday.

“If someone starts making up such lies, it’s a real act of desperation,” he said.

It comes about a week after Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida was the target of an unannounced search by FBI agents who took a wealth of documents sought by the National Archives and Records Administration.

The warrant, which was unsealed on Friday, suggests the former president took top-secret documents and may have violated the Espionage Act.

Trump has offered multiple rebuttals, from claiming he was collaborating with investigators to insisting the “raid” was a political “witch hunt.”

On Friday, ex-Fox News employee John Solomon — who, according to the Times, represents Trump at the National Archives — read a statement claiming the documents have already been released.

“As we can all understand, everyone has to take their work home from time to time. American presidents are no different,” Solomon read.

Former Trump National Security Advisor John Bolton said the ex-president’s “standing order” to release documents is “almost certainly a lie.”

President Trump often brought documents, including classified documents, to the residence to prepare for work the next day. He had a standing order that documents removed from the Oval Office and brought to the residence were deemed to be released the moment he removed them.”

But Bolton told the Times he had never heard such an order while or after serving in the Trump administration from April 2018 to September 2019.

Trump has maintained that he is a victim of political persecution, although he also previously said he is collaborating with federal investigators

Trump has maintained that he is a victim of political persecution, although he also previously said he is collaborating with federal investigators

“When I came in, I was never informed of any such order, procedure or policy,” Bolton said.

“If he said something like that, you should remember it so people would know it existed.”

The former national security official added that Trump had installed secure facilities at his homes in New Jersey and Florida so that documents required to be brought with him on his travels would not have to be released.

Trump’s claim that he released all the documents comes after it was revealed that his lawyers told investigators in June that all of the top-secret data the ex-president took to Mar-a-Lago was back in the National Archives’ possession.

National Archives officials traveled to Mar-a-Lago in January to pick up 15 boxes of files to be left at the White House when Trump left office about 12 months earlier.

The archives later confirmed the Washington Post report that some records were labeled “top secret.”

Trump’s latest statement appears to be undermined by previous comments from his attorney, One America News host Christina Bobb, in an interview she gave the day after the raid.

Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida was the target of an unannounced FBI search last Monday

Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida was the target of an unannounced FBI search last Monday

She admitted that some files could be found labeled “classified secret,” but hastily added that she believes they would carry “no significant significance” in comments to the Trump-friendly Right Side Broadcasting Network.

In the days since the FBI’s operation, Trump’s allies and supporters have showered federal law enforcement with verbal attacks and have urged Attorney General Merrick Garland to arm the Justice Department against President Joe Biden’s political rival.

On Sunday, the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security issued a joint bulletin warning of an “increase in violent threats” against agents online, including threats to plant a so-called dirty bomb in front of FBI headquarters and general calls for “civilian war’ and ‘armed insurrection’.

It said the FBI and DHS “identified multiple articulate threats and called for the targeted killing of judicial, law enforcement and government officials involved in the Palm Beach search, including the federal judge who approved the Palm Beach search warrant.” .

It also highlights an incident last week when an armed Navy veteran attempted to break into the FBI’s Cincinnati office and was shot dead in a standoff with police.

Advertisement

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.