Donald Trump is considering waiting for his NATO leadership after he has insisted that European allies are taking more responsibility for the safety of the continent, the mail can reveal.
The US has held its leading position since the founding of the Defense Alliance in the aftermath of the Second World War. Since then, the Supreme Allied Commander Europe has always been a senior American general.
But in accordance with the insistence of the US that European allies take more responsibility for European safety, it also expects a British or French general to take this position.
It is after the US President Western allies surprised by imposing a 'temporary' break in the delivery of vital American military aid after a historic spit with Volodymyr Zensky in the Oval Office last week.
President Trump warned on Monday evening that he would not tolerate the Ukrainian leader much longer, because the relationship between the couple was even further requested after two weeks of back and forth.
Hours later, the White House said that the help was' assessed 'to ensure that it contributes to a solution', which activates warnings that, without a U-turn, the vital stock of American weapons of Ukraine would be spent in the summer.
But on Tuesday Zensky expanded an olive branch to Trump after Prime Minister Keir Starmer warned him that he had to rebuild the relationships to save his country.
In a reconciling intervention, after the White House had announced a freezing of military aid to Kiev to Kiev, the Ukrainian president said that he “really appreciated the support of America and” was ready to work under the strong leadership of President Trump to get a peace that lasts. “

US President Donald Trump (Photo) is considering getting rid of his NATO leadership after he has established that European allies are taking more responsibility for the safety of the continent

The US also expects a British or French general to take this position. Displayed: British soldiers practice an attack on February 17, 2025 in Smardan, Romania

The Ukrainian President VolodyMyr Zensky, British Prime Minister Keir Starmer and the president of France Emmanuel Macron Embrace after a meeting during a top in Lancaster House in Central London on March 2, 2025
He described last week's amazing oval office with President Trump as 'regrettable'.
And he revealed that leaders are working on a peace agreement that could start with 'a truce in heaven … and armor immediately in the sea' when Russia is willing to follow.
Diplomatic sources said that Sir Keir and Emmanuel Macron were already with President Zensky to President Zensky to Washington next week to travel to Washington to present a united front on the plan to Mr Trump.
Trump was angry with President Zensky's warning on the weekend that a deal to end the war is still 'still very, very far away'.
In a statement about X, Mr. Zensky said that he was “ready to work quickly to end the war and be prepared to sign an agreement with which American companies can use Ukrainian reserves of rare minerals at any time.”
Reports suggested that Mr Trump prepared to announce the deal during a major speech for the congress that took place in the early hours of today.
Some allies of the US president have demanded an apology over the scenes in the Oval Office, where the Lord Zensky was accused of being 'disrespectful' because he was not wearing a suit and was not sufficiently grateful.
President Zensky stopped a shortage of an apology, but said: “Our meeting in Washington, in the White House on Friday, did not go as it should be. It is regrettable that it happened this way. It's time to make things right. We want future cooperation and communication constructive. '


President Donald Trump and the Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zenskyy saw sitting next to the fireplace in the Oval Office

The moment that the touch paper lit was when Mr. Zensky suggested that Putin broke similarities to exchange prisoners on President Trump's watch
He also praised Mr Trump for sending Javelin Anti-tank rockets to Ukraine in 2019 and said, “We are grateful for this.”
His statement came shortly after a phone call with Sir Keir, in which the Prime Minister warned him that he had to rebuild relations with President Trump to have some hope to get the American support for a permanent peace agreement that would save his country from the forces of Vladimir Putin.
The Prime Minister welcomed the 'steadfast dedication of the Ukrainian leader to guarantee peace' last night.
Mr. Zensky said he was grateful for the advice and support of Sir Keir during this challenging time. “
The attempt to breathe new life into the peace process came as:
- The American vice-president JD Vance was encouraged to apologize for saying a proposed Anglo-French peace force that amounted to '20, 000 troops from any country that has not fought war in 30 or 40 years'.
- Military experts said that Ukraine could run out of weapons within two to three months, unless military assistance is restarted, with one Ukrainian parliamentary realization: “Thousands of people will die.”
- Ministers became further brace at night for further chaos, amidst speculation that Mr Trump could give up the leadership of America of NATO and withdraw troops from Europe.
- Chief Chief Ursula von der Leyen from the European Commission proposed a plan of £ 660 billion 'Rewerm Europe' to strengthen the defense of the continent.
- Former MI6 chef Sir John Sawers warned that the Baltic states could experience 'border benches' by Russia to 'test' whether the US still supports NATO's basic principle that an attack on one is an attack on everyone.

Keir Starmer embraced VolodyMyr Zensky on the stairs of Lancaster House in London while trying to repair alliances after the debacle

Volodyymyr Zensky, Keir Starmer and Emmanuel Macron are holding a meeting during a top in Lancaster House in Central London in March

Ukrainian President VolodyMyr Zelenskiy listens to ask during a meeting with members of the media on the outskirts of London
Mr. Trump's decision to suspend military aid, Nr.
It is thought that the two leaders discussed the issue on Monday evening in an emergency call, but the prime minister could not talk to the president.
Downing Street was still climbing last night to discover exactly how far the break in military aid extends. Reports suggested yesterday that the stocks ammunition no longer exceeded the Polish border. And the sharing of information was also drawn yesterday, the mail learned.
The decision to suspend the help is a big blow to Sir Keir's four -step plan for Ukraine, which starts with “letting military help in Ukraine flowing while the war is going on.”
Mr. Trump also hinted that he could relieve economic sanctions against Russia as part of plans to get Putin at the negotiating table.
Government sources said 'efforts were made at all levels' to convince the US to quickly restore the stocks to Ukraine.
President Zelensky revealed new details of the new peace plan that is now being set with Sir Keir and President Macron.
He said: 'We are ready to work quickly to end the war, and the first phases can be the release of prisoners and ceasefire in heaven – ban on rockets, long -term drones, bombs on energy and other civil infrastructure – and immediately in the sea, as Russia will do the same. Then we want to move very quickly through all the following phases and collaborate with the US to match a strong definitive deal. '

British Prime Minister Keir Starmer (C), French President Emmanuel Macron (CL) and the Ukrainian President Volodyymyr Zelensky (CR) Wonen a meeting with European leaders at a top on Ukraine in Lancaster House in London, Great Britain, March 2, 2025

European leaders and Canada gathered in London on Sunday to consider the reaction to the Ukraine crisis
Diplomatic sources confirmed that a ceasefish -the Fires could start by both parties with an end to the air and navy bombing. A source said that much of the damage was currently performed by drones and rockets in the air.
If it is successful, the two parties would then go to a cease -the fires, a source of which said it would be 'more difficult to verify and easier to derail'.
President Macron initially proposed a one -month break in the fighting in the air and at sea. But the proposal is now expected to be open.
In exchange, Sir Keir hopes to convince President Trump to guarantee a 'backstop' of American safety that could give Great -Britain, France and other members of a developing 'coalition of willing' to send their own troops to keep peace in Ukraine without fear of immediate attack by Russian fight trees.
Sir Keir agreed this week that the 'extreme foolishness' would be to put in the way of British troops without American support.
But President Trump has so far indicated that he believes that the presence of American citizens who work on the minerals would be sufficient to deter further Russian attacks. Last week he told Sir Keir that he trusted Putin to keep his word.