A group of travelers has parked a fleet of caravans on a popular beauty spot, because the locals are warned to stay away.
Dozens of vehicles and trailers parked on playing fields in Swanshurst Park, in Birmingham on Sunday 30 March only a few weeks after their last visit.
While Birmingham City Council has promised to 'restore the country', other local groups have meanwhile warned people to stay away from the site if they feel 'uncomfortable'.
Friends of Swanshurst Park, a volunteer group with an interest in care and arguing for the park, often tends to a wild flower meadow in the area.
It said that an evacuation message would be served in the community and posted on Facebook: 'It was reported to me that travelers are back in Swanshurst Park.
'We think it is best if members of the public do not place themselves in a position in which they feel uncomfortable by working on the Wildflower Patch while the travelers are nearby.
“The notification will be served as soon as possible to leave, but it will not be realistic before the end of the week.”

A group of travelers has parked a fleet of caravans on a popular beauty spot, because the locals are warned to stay away

Dozens of vehicles and trailers parked on playing fields in Swanshurst Park, in Birmingham on Sunday 30 March only a few weeks after their last visit
Your browser does not support Iframes.
A council spokesperson said: 'The Birmingham city council has been dedicated to actively protect his country and will take steps to reclaim this country where unauthorized camps penetrate.
“The council has useful transits sites and suddenly for use by the Gypsy, Roma and Traveler Community – which is in accordance with the government policy – and details of the Gypsy and Traveler accommodation assessment that was performed and updated in 2019, can be found on our website.”
The travelers also occupied the park in May and October last year and forced the council to step in again to remove them.
The council said it would maintain it with communities and companies that can be affected by plans to introduce a maximum of 15 temporary sites for travelers.
A pilot program, which would start in the summer, could see that 'negotiated stops' made sites available and include unused pieces of land.
They usually offer a hard condition for holding caravans, a safe limit and basic sanitary facility, while some also offer electricity.
But due to factors such as repeated vandalism and unauthorized camps, the two operational transitites of the council are often closed.
This is because the number of 'illegal' traveler locations set up in the UK is on the rise with local councils that they are increasingly unable to remove them, has claimed a planning enforcement officer.
New planning policy announced by Labor Housing Secretary Angela Rayner in December will forcing it to free Green Belt to release land for travelers to create permanent camps if there is an 'unfulfilled need'.

Angela Rayner introduced new planning proposals that force local councils to accommodate travelers on Greenbelt -land if they do not offer nomadic communities enough land

One of the new proposed locations for a traveler location in South Gloucestershire is on Greenbelt Land in Shortwood Hill

A new site for travelers and gypsies in Darlington is recommended for approval by the Borough Council. The new site can be built on the land east of NaSham Road on Hurworth Moor (photo)
Currently, neither temporary or permanent traveler locations are permitted at Green Belt -Land, because they do not qualify as 'very special circumstances' – but that will change.
In the original consultation published in August to the National Planning Policy Framework, the document says: “We plan our proposals to support the release of Green Belt -Landland in order not to meet the needs for traveler locations.”
The answer to the consultation, published in December, made it clear that proposals should not be considered 'inappropriate' in cases where there is an 'unfulfilled need' for the type of development – including traveler locations.
In January of this year, South Gloucestershire Council announced the location of 100 new traveler locations, many of them on Greenbelt sites.
The plan also includes protecting 15 existing sites for traveling show people – and a new site for traveling show people in Pucklechurch.
The local authority was reprimanded by a government inspector in 2022 for a 'history of policy failure' after he has not provided enough land for traveling communities.
Now the council has proposed the 'expansion or intensifying' of the number of existing sites and creating 14 brand new locations in the next 15 years.
This includes securing Greenbelt -land in Pucklechurch and Hambrook for travelers' communities to live on.