Friday, April 4, 2025
Home News Jury were ‘misled’ with ‘false’ evidence to convict serial killer Lucy Letby, her legal team claim as they try to cast ‘serious doubts’ on her guilt

Jury were ‘misled’ with ‘false’ evidence to convict serial killer Lucy Letby, her legal team claim as they try to cast ‘serious doubts’ on her guilt

by Abella
0 comments

The jury that Lucy Letby condemned to poison two babies with insulin was 'misled' by defective tests that can produce 'false' results, her new lawyer claimed today.

Mark McDonald said that seven experts had analyzed the cases of two twin boys, who had been convicted of trying to kill eight months apart, and concluded that the test results were unreliable.

He said that they now create 'serious doubts' about her beliefs.

Mr. McDonald has delivered a report of 86 pages by hand in which the cases of the children, known as Babies F and L, this afternoon to the offices of Birmingham of the Criminal Cases Review Commission of De Hoop will support the case because she will destroy her convictions because she has destroyed its convictions.

Also passed on to the CCRC, which investigates potential miscarriages of justice, was a separate report on the full findings of a 14-person international panel of neonatologists and pediatric specialists who say that poor medical care and natural causes, non-Letby, were to blame for the collapses or deaths of the 17 babies in its original process.

Letby, 35, from Hereford, serves 15 orders of the whole life after she was convicted of the Manchester Crown Court for killing seven of those children and tries to kill seven more, with two attempts at one of its victims, at the Countess of the Chester Hospital between June 2015 and June 2016.

Around noon on Thursday, Mr. McDonald supplied two large lever arch files at the reception of the CCRC offices, in the center of Birmingham.

He described it as a 'crucial moment' and said that he hoped that the watchdog would 'not last long' to look at the evidence and refer Letby's case back to the Court of Appeal “as a matter of urgency.”

Jury were ‘misled’ with ‘false’ evidence to convict serial killer Lucy Letby, her legal team claim as they try to cast ‘serious doubts’ on her guilt

Serie killer Lucy Letby, 35, must have been convicted of 15 whole lifelong penalties for killing seven babies and tries to kill seven more

Image made of Body worn camera images published by Cheshire Constabulary of the Lucy Letby arrest in 2018

Image made of Body worn camera images published by Cheshire Constabulary of the Lucy Letby arrest in 2018

Mr. McDonald said that the file consisted of 23 reports, of 24 experts in eight different countries, who 'completely demolish' and 'blows' the perspective for the jury 'from the water'.

“These reports show that no crime was committed,” he added.

Mr. McDonald said that Letby had read the expert reports and “had new hope that the truth will come true.”

He denied that he had gone 'expert shopping' for doctors to support Letby's case – as lawyers claim for the families of her victims – but agreed that it was 'correct' that the CCRC would want to know exactly why she would not call the first time in her defense.

However, he refused to explain why that was and, instead, said that he had found experts who were 'the best in the world'.

“This is a completely fresh and new approach,” he added.

In their concluding submissions to the public investigation, lawyers for the families have disputed such claims. They said that the new expert reports were 'full of analytical holes' and a 're-hash' of what had already gone in court.

Letby, 35, was found guilty of killing seven children in August 2023 and tried to kill six more at the Countin of Chester Hospital's Neo-Natal Unit between June 2015 and June 2016. She was subsequently convicted of an attempt to kill a baby girl after a recording, in July last year

Letby, 35, was found guilty of killing seven children in August 2023 and tried to kill six more in the Neo-Natal unit of the Countess of the Chester Hospital between June 2015 and June 2016. She was then convicted of killing a baby girl after a recording channel, in July last year

Subscribe here to the crime desk for weekly, advertisement free episodes of the test – the no.1 True Crime podcast of the mail.

A mother also burned a press conference by Mr. McDonald and the Canadian neonatologist Dr. Shoo Lee as a 'incorrectly informed and inaccurate media circus' that contributed to the need of the families.

Letby tried to kill babies F and L by poisoning them with insulin, a medicine that mimics the hormone that is produced by the body to lower blood sugar levels. The drug was kept in an unlocked fridge at the countess and it was found guilty of adding the medication to the liquid drops of the infants.

Both infants also had brothers who had attacked around the same time by injecting air into their blood waths. Baby F's brother, baby e, was murdered in August 2015, but Baby M, the twins of Baby L, miraculously survived after almost 30 minutes of resuscitation, in April 2016.

The findings of the experts claim that the jury at Letby's trial was 'misled' because the Immunoassay test performed by a Liverpool laboratory, where doctors sent the blood of patients for analysis, “did not meet any acceptable forensic norms.”

The jury was wrongly told that the test was specific to the identification of insulin alone and could be trusted, they said. They were not told about the error margin, nor has it shown an expert about quality control, the experts claim.

There was now also 'convincing new evidence' of 'multiple sources' that the test could give 'false high' insulin results if certain antibodies were present in the blood of a patient, the experts, including two consultant neonatologists, a retired professor in forensic toxicology and a pediatric endocrinologist.

According to their report, such antibodies can also be transferred from mother on baby during pregnancy that causes hyperinsulinism, a condition that is caused when the pancreas produces too high levels of insulin that leads to hypoglycaemia or low blood sugar as soon as the child is born.

The experts also claim that they have found 'alternative' medical explanations for both baby F and baby l's low blood sugar levels. In the case of Baby F, the experts believe that he had developed the serious infection, sepsis, and did not get enough additional glucose for several hours because the long line – the small catheter used to administer medication – 'tissue' or failed.

Both babies had limited growth in the womb, a well-known risk factor for perinatal stress-induced hyperinsulinism, a kind of hyperinsulinism that occurs in newborns due to problems during pregnancy or birth, they claim.

Barrister Mark McDonald claimed that the jury sentenced Lucy Letby to poison two babies with insulin ¿misled by defective tests that can produce ¿Falsesn results

Barrister Mark McDonald claimed that the jury sentenced Lucy Letby to poison two babies with insulin was 'misled' by defective tests that can produce 'false' results

The Countess of the Chester Hospital where convicted baby killer Lucy Letby worked

The Countess of the Chester Hospital where convicted baby killer Lucy Letby worked

The treatment of their low blood sugar was also incorrectly managed by doctors in the hospital, the experts said.

Peter Hindmarsh, a consultant and specialist in diabetes for children at the Great Ormond Street Hospital and Emeritus Professor at the University College London (UCL), gave proof during the Letby Proof that high insulin levels, in combination with low percentages C-peptide, a by-product was found in the body of insulin when the body insulin when the insulin insulin was insulin when the insulin insulin was insulin, when the insulin insulin was insulin, when the body insulin was insulin, when the body insulin was insulin when the insulin has insulin insulin when the body insulin was insulin, when the body insulin is insulin insulin, when the body insulin is insulin insulin. A condition.

It is important that Letby also accepted that the babies were poisoned when she gave proof in her defense in the witness box, although she insisted that the insulin had not been administered by her.

But the authors of the report disagree and claim that the insulin and C-peptid levels of Baby F and Baby L were within normal reach and typical of premature babies.

“Our inescapable conclusion is that this proof significantly undermines the validity of the claims made about the insulin and C-peptide tests before the court,” the experts said.

Among other things, findings of the panel, in the full report that was also delivered by Mr. McDonald today, was a baby boy, known as Baby C, after ineffective resuscitation of a collapse after an 'acute small intestinal obstruction' that was not recognized, instead of an intentional administration of air in his abdomen or bleeding. However, this theory was discounted by experts for prosecution during the process.

Child P, a triplet boy, was also found by the jury to be fatally injected with air, but the panel ruled that he died of a collapsed lung that was 'suboptimally managed'.

Letby's experts said there was no evidence of air embolism-in which air bubbles block the blood flow to the heart-in a twin boy, known as baby e, and that bleeding that he was not suffering by increased trauma, but by a lack of oxygen before the board or an innate blood vessel.

From 2012, Letby worked at the Countess of Chester Hospital until its arrest in 2018

From 2012, Letby worked at the Countess of Chester Hospital until its arrest in 2018

Letby tried twice and has not succeeded in appealing her beliefs, but Mr. McDonald said that the reports' find findings that they 'are no longer safe'. At the CCRC he urged it to refer her case to the Court of Appeal 'without unnecessary delay'.

Yesterday, detective superintendent Paul Hughes, the senior police officer who investigates Letby, said that the Cheshire police would collaborate with the CCRC, but criticized “poorly informed” and “insensitive” critics who questioned her guilt.

In a highly formulated and unprecedented intervention, he insisted that Letby's case was 'rigorous and reasonably tested' by two juries and two sets of professional judges after a meticulous and complex six -year police investigation.

The investigation of the Power to Letby, which was questioned in prison last year about more suspected murders, remains underway.

You may also like

Leave a Comment

Soledad is the Best Newspaper and Magazine WordPress Theme with tons of options and demos ready to import. This theme is perfect for blogs and excellent for online stores, news, magazine or review sites.

Buy Soledad now!

Edtior's Picks

Latest Articles

u00a92022u00a0Soledad.u00a0All Right Reserved. Designed and Developed byu00a0Penci Design.

slot resmi
sbctotosbctototata4dvisa4dvisa4dwasiat4dwasiat4dvava4dvava4dkopi4dkopi4dyes4dyes4donictotopamtototimnas4dtata4dtogel62 halte4d wasiat4d sisil4d ungutoto desa4d bahagia4d aksitoto EUROTOGEL VISA4D visa4d togel62 timnas4d neng4d timnas4d wasiat4d nmax4d papua4d wangi4d amanahtoto ak4d wifi4d sbctoto timnas4d kebaya4d RASA4D visa4d neko4d wasiat4d nasa4d amanahtoto tante4d kopi4dcermin4dBungker CorpSakka Sportweartimnas4dnmax4dmoyang4dtimnas4dhonda4dhonda4dubud4dsbctotoeurotogelsbctotototo88slotmeriah4deurotogeltata4dmeriah4dtimnas4dubud4dubud4deurotogelpower4dsortotosbctoto
eurotogel dragon4d sortoto
visa4d