Mom reveals her top three tips for making your home smell great and they’ll work in minutes
- A mom of two revealed how to have a great-smelling home in minutes
- Chantel Mila, aka Mama Mila, shared three tips online with her million fans
- From using coffee grounds to leftover lemon – the hacks include panty staples
Chantel Mila (pictured), better known as Mama Mila, reveals how she became the biggest cleaning queen in the country
Australia’s most popular ‘cleaning queen’ has unveiled three super-easy hacks that can have your home smelling great in minutes.
Chantel Mila, known online as Mama Mila, shared the three tricks using pantry staples with her million-strong followers on Saturday.
The 32-year-old mother of two said the best of the tricks is that they start working immediately and your house will smell fresher in no time.
The first trick can make every house smell like your favorite cafe — and all you need is a candle, a heatproof bowl, and some coffee beans.
‘Put coffee grounds or beans in a heatproof bowl with a tea light. The heat from the candle will heat up the coffee and your whole house will smell incredible,” she said, before warning not to leave the candle unattended.
The second trick is perfect for the kitchen, bathrooms and laundry rooms.
“Clean your sink with baking soda on a lemon to remove rust stains, cutting through dirt,” she said.
Scroll down for video
One of the tips is to light a candle in a bed of coffee beans
The video demonstration revealed how the baking soda-covered lemon made the sink shine in seconds.
The third takes thirty minutes to take effect, but is a game changer, according to the star.
‘Place 10 drops of essential oil in 1/2 cup of baking soda. Sprinkle on carpets, leave for an hour and vacuum to remove carpet odors.
She uses baking soda on a lemon for the second trick – this is used to clean sinks and make them sparkling and odor free
This is how you clean your bathroom perfectly
1. Clean wall tiles with a flat microfibre mop! It helps to reach high areas and cleans them quickly and easily
2. Make bathroom sinks shine by soaking them with two prosthetic tablets before cleaning
3. Remove odors around your toilet by mopping with shaving cream
4. Make your showers sparkly with a mix of 1 cup water, 1/4 cup white vinegar and 10 drops of tea tree oil. Spray, wait 10 minutes and rinse
5. Clean bathtub rings easily with a sliced lemon and baking soda. Just rub to remove rings quickly!
“Check your vacuum cleaner manual to see if you’re vacuuming with fine particles,” she said.
Chantel uses an old vacuum cleaner for the hack and says she’s never had any problems.
The post was liked by more than 20,000 of her fans in the first 24 hours and there were many comments thanking her for the “great” tips.
“Just did the mattress today with baking soda and oil. It made the whole room smell so fresh,” one woman captioned the video.
‘That coffee hack is next level’, one woman applauded.
Chantel started posting cleaning videos during the Victorian capital’s first lockdown with an online audience of just 14 people.
“The house was not only a workplace, but also a nursery, an art studio, a school and at the end of the day it was so hard to find peace in that cluttered space, so I started sharing tips and tricks for the home to small pockets create an oasis around the house,’ she said.
“One of the first cleaning videos I posted that was incredibly popular was ‘How to make your bed smell like a dream for the best night’s sleep’. I posted it around May 2020 and couldn’t believe the millions of people who saw it, tried it and loved it.” the
In the third video, she uses essential oils in baking soda to deodorize soft furnishings
Secrets of a cleaning queen: how Mama Mila keeps her house running smoothly every week
BUY MY FIVE DESERT ISLAND CLEANING
I love making my own DIY cleaning supplies and often the DIYers use simple, household ingredients that can be found in every pantry! My best cleaning products include baking soda, white vinegar, lemons, tea tree oil, and lavender essential oil.
MY THREE LITTLE KNOWN CLEANING SECRETS
1. Denture tablets are a top secret cleanser. They can whiten your toilets, whiten clothes, whiten bathroom sinks – they are amazing!
2. Putting on your favorite song while cleaning is an easy way to make cleaning fun. I ask my Amazon Echo Show 15 to put on my 10-minute “clean up playlist” and try to make cleaning a pleasurable process. You will be amazed at how much you can do!
3. Spilled red wine can be quickly removed with club soda. It’s the best way to lift it off your carpet or clothes without staining.
Our weeks can be a constant juggling between work and family obligations. U.S Amazon Echo Show 15 has been an absolute game changer in our home and helps us stay organized during the week.
We’ve adapted our screen to show our shopping and to-do lists so I can see what’s on the agenda for the day while drinking my morning tea, and the family calendar helps us stay on top of the child’s activities, important school dates, our appointments and business meetings.
Chantel’s views ran into the millions and the following grew to hundreds of thousands as she shared more of her home and cleaning hacks and it wasn’t long before she was able to make a lucrative career on social media.
Today, the cleaning and organization guru enlists the help of her fans to get the tips and tricks for the home.
“Many of the videos I post are requests from the public, and I really listen to what they want to see to make sure I’m always providing helpful and relevant tips and tricks,” she said.