BREAKING: Mitch McConnell and Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer were ‘on the hit list in the car of a gunman’ who shot the retired judge, 68, at home in Wisconsin before turning the gun on himself, but survived
- Former Juneau County judge John Roemer, 68, was shot dead in his home after being zipped to a chair
- The unidentified gunman, who reportedly shot himself and survived, 56, had a ‘hit list’ in his car with several politicians
- The politicians included Mitch McConnell, Gretchen Whitmer and Tony Evers
- Roemer was reportedly shot at around 6:30 a.m. and police and a SWAT team were not able to enter the residence until 10:15 a.m.
- The gunman reportedly refused to negotiate and it is unclear where he was taken or whether he was charged
Mitch McConnell and Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer were reportedly found on a ‘hit list’ in the car of a gunman who shot and killed the retired judge, 69, at his Wisconsin home.
The 56-year-old gunman, who also reportedly shot himself and survived, had a hit list in his car that included McConnell, Whitmer, Wisconsin Governor Tony Evers, and Judge John Roemer, a police source said. ABC†
Police found this out after receiving a 911 call about hearing shots fired and seeing an armed person around 6:30 a.m. Friday, according to WISN† The caller reportedly left the Wisconsin home and went to a house nearby.
When police and a SWAT team arrived, they found Roemer zipped to a chair and fatally shot, WISN reported. Rumor has it that the judge’s son witnesses the shooting.
Authorities broke through the residence shortly after 10:15 a.m. after failing to negotiate with the shooting.
The gunman, whose name has not been released, is currently in critical condition, Attorney General Josh Kaul said. He was taken to a medical facility, according to the WISN.
The AG also said the politicians have been notified of the hit list.
The case is being treated as a homicide and domestic terrorist case and authorities are examining court files. Police believe the gunman’s outrage is related to a lawsuit.
Mitch McConnell and Gretchen Whitmer were reportedly on the hit list for a gunman, who was found in his car at the scene of the shooting. The gunman killed a former Juneau County judge at his home Friday morning