Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

Police arrest six for MURDER after man, 58, dies in bar row at Parkdean Resorts in Camber Sands


- Advertisement -

Police arrest six for MURDER after man, 58, is detained and dies in a bar row at the popular Parkdean Resorts family holiday park in Camber Sands

  • Six men arrested for murder after man dies in fight at popular holiday park
  • An argument broke out after football at the on-site bar involving several men
  • Several men held the victim until he turned blue and died around 10:50 p.m.

Police have arrested six men for murder after a fight in a cafe at the end of a football match at a popular family holiday park.

Holidaymakers told how the man was hoisted to the ground and held after he got into an argument at Parkdean Resorts in Camber Sands in Sussex.

Witnesses said the man yelled “I can’t breathe” before turning blue as several men sat on top of him.

The victim is said to have gotten into an argument just before 11 p.m. on Friday after the end of the opening game of the Premier League season between Crystal Palace and Arsenal, which was shown at The Showbar at the location, according to The Sun.

Paramedics arrived on the scene but “despite paramedics’ best efforts” a 58-year-old man was pronounced dead shortly after midnight, Sussex police said. His next of kin have been informed.

A Sussex Police spokesman said: ‘Police have arrested six people on suspicion of murder after the death of a man at a holiday park in Lydd Road, Camber Sands, in the early morning hours.

Emergency services were called around 10:50 p.m. Friday to a report of an altercation involving a group of people.

Police have arrested six men for murder after an altercation at the end of a football game at Parkdean Resorts in Camber Sands

“Despite the best efforts of paramedics, a 58-year-old man was sadly pronounced dead at the scene shortly after midnight.

“Six people have been arrested on suspicion of murder and are currently in custody.”

Chief Inspector Jon Hull said: ‘Our investigation is at a very early stage, but I would like to reassure the public that this appears to be an isolated incident with no greater risk of damage.

“Officers are now working to establish the full circumstances while the victim’s next of kin are supported by specialized agents.”

Parkdean sent a message to guests that a “serious incident” had occurred and some holidaymakers had to leave the resort this morning.

There was a “live police investigation” and the park would remain closed until officers conduct further investigations, it said.

One holidaymaker said: ‘I have been here with my family for a week and this morning we went to the corner shop to find out what had happened.’

Parkdean has offered £100 to all guests who had to cancel activities and leave the park.

The message read: ‘We would like to inform you that a serious incident occurred in our complex area last night.

“As this is a live police investigation, our team is committed to assisting their investigation.

“Please note that they cannot comment on this incident.

“Our complex site at the park will remain closed and will not reopen until the investigation has been completed.

“We’ll inform you about this at lunchtime today.

“If you’ve booked activities for today, our on-park team will contact you to inquire if these events can go ahead.


- Advertisement -

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.