© 2022 - USMAIL24.COM. All Rights Reserved.
12.35 pm: Buckingham Palace has released a statement announcing that the Queen is under medical supervision in Balmoral after doctors were “concerned about her health”. A spokesman for the Palace said: “Following further assessments this morning, the Queen’s doctors are concerned about Her Majesty’s health and have recommended that she remain under medical supervision. The Queen remains comfortable and in Balmoral.’
12:47 pm: Clarence House released a statement confirming that Prince Charles and his wife Camilla would be traveling to Balmoral. It read: ‘The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall have traveled to Balmoral’.
12:48 pm: A minute later, Kensington Palace announces that Price William will travel to Balmoral. The statement read: ‘The Duke of Cambridge is also traveling to Balmoral.’
13:37: Prince Andrew has been reported to have traveled to Balmoral Castle in Scotland following news that doctors were concerned about the Queen’s health.
13:38: Sources confirm to the Press Association (PA) that The Princess Royal is in Balmoral, and that the Duke of York and the Earl and Countess of Wessex are on their way to the Queen’s Scottish home.
13:55: A spokesperson for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex confirms that the couple are ‘traveling to Scotland’. Although the original statement mentioned ‘Scotland’, Balmoral was not directly mentioned. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were scheduled to attend the WellChild Awards ceremony in London on Thursday night, but changed their plans to travel to see the Queen.
4.14 pm: A news alert by the Press Association (PA) said the Duke and Duchess of Sussex traveled to Balmoral “separately” from other royals.
4.39 pm: Less than 30 minutes later, PA released another news story, citing an unnamed source saying that the Duchess of Sussex would not be traveling with the Duke of Sussex to Balmoral. The source said Prince Harry would make the journey alone. A source said the Duchess could possibly join Harry in Scotland at a later date, following what the PA described as a “change of plan”.
4:44 PM: Minutes later, Omid Scobie, a journalist considered “friendly” to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, and who often cites anonymous sources close to the couple, wrote a post on the social media network Twitter about the situation. He writes: A source shared an update stating that only Prince Harry made the trip to Balmoral. Like the Duchess of Cambridge (who is in Windsor with their three children), the Duchess of Sussex is staying back in England (but still not going to the WellChild Awards tonight).’ The post mentions Kate, who was revealed earlier in the day that she would not be traveling to Balmoral.
6.30 pm: The royal family has announced via social media site Twitter that Queen has died ‘peacefully’ in Balmoral at the age of 96.
After 6.30 pm: Prince Harry is believed to have arrived in Balmoral after the public announcement