Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

Sam Fender apologizes for calling Johnny Depp his ‘hero’ as he deletes selfie with actor

0

Sam Fender has apologized for calling Johnny Depp his “hero” and deleted a selfie with the actor that he shared on Instagram on Wednesday.

The singer, 28, had enjoyed a pint with the Hollywood star, 58, along with guitarist Jeff Beck, 77, at The Bridge Tavern before the latter pair gave a performance in his native Newcastle.

With the photo taken before the Golden Globe winner won his defamation case against his ex-wife Amber Heard, 36, fans were quick to criticize Sam.

‘It was bad choice of words and timing’: Sam Fender has apologized for calling Johnny Depp his ‘hero’ as he deleted a selfie taken of them before his win in the trial (Sam pictured in March 2022)

Following the outcry, hitmaker Seventeen Going Under wrote on the social media platform on Saturday: “I want to apologize.

“I was invited to briefly meet a musical legend and an actor who has starred in almost every movie I’ve seen growing up.

“I went – ​​we talked about music and without thinking about it, I took a picture and posted it because it was pretty surreal.

The use of the word ‘heroes’ was intended to refer to their careers, but in the context of the trial it was seriously misinformed.

Gang: The singer, 28, had enjoyed a pint with the Hollywood star, 58, along with guitarist Jeff Beck, 77, at The Bridge Tavern before the latter pair performed in Newcastle

Gang: The singer, 28, had enjoyed a pint with the Hollywood star, 58, along with guitarist Jeff Beck, 77, at The Bridge Tavern before the latter pair performed in Newcastle

“I realize now that it was a bad choice of words and timing, but it doesn’t matter. It was naive and disrespectful to those who addressed any of the issues raised during the trial and the wider issues it poses. I didn’t think it through and I should have.’

Sam added: “I can’t really say anything other than that it was poorly reviewed and that I was ignorant of the processes as a whole, and thoughtless of what my post might entail.

“I fully realize this and I am deeply sorry. Sam.’

It came just hours before Johnny was awarded more than $10 million after winning his defamation lawsuit, justifying his position that his ex-wife Amber made up claims that she had been killed by the Hollywood star before and during their brief marriage. had been abused.

Oh dear: in response to the backlash, hitmaker Seventeen Going Under wrote on the social media platform on Saturday: 'I want to apologize'

Oh dear: in response to the backlash, hitmaker Seventeen Going Under wrote on the social media platform on Saturday: ‘I want to apologize’

Speak with Chronicle Live on Wednesday, the manager of The Bridge Tavern said Johnny was “incredible” and was initially given a private room at the establishment when he arrived at about 5pm – three hours before the verdict was announced.

“He was the most beautiful man I’ve ever seen in my life,” Janine Latchford told the newspaper. My assistant is heavily pregnant and he told her how wonderful it was to be a parent. He was really down to earth, he was lovely.

“He was incredible. He gave me a hug and I told him I loved him as soon as I saw him! He loved the artwork and he asked questions about the Tyne Bridge. He said he’d never been to Newcastle.’

“He had fish and chips for dinner,” she added, while another gambler said he had a soft drink with his meal.

Happier times: Johnny won the defamation lawsuit after suing his ex-wife Amber Heard for $50 million for a 2018 piece she wrote stating she was a victim of domestic violence (pictured in 2015)

Happier times: Johnny won the defamation lawsuit after suing his ex-wife Amber Heard for $50 million for a 2018 piece she wrote stating she was a victim of domestic violence (pictured in 2015)

Johnny joined Beck at the Royal Albert Hall in west London on Monday and Tuesday evenings after surprising fans with a performance at Sheffield City Hall on Sunday.

He reportedly watched the trial’s conclusion via a video link in the UK.

In a statement following Wednesday’s ruling, Johnny said: “Six years ago, my life, the lives of my children, the lives of those closest to me, as well as the lives of the people who for years have supported and believed in me were changed forever.

“And six years later, the jury gave me my life back. I’m really humiliated.’

Case: Amber (pictured in court as verdict was read), sued for $100 million, alleging Depp's attorney Adam Waldman made defamatory statements by calling her claims a 'hoax'

Case: Amber (pictured in court as verdict was read), sued for $100 million, alleging Depp’s attorney Adam Waldman made defamatory statements by calling her claims a ‘hoax’

After less than three days of deliberation, his ex-wife Amber was awarded $2 million in damages out of the $100 million she demanded in her counterclaim against her ex-husband. She was awarded zero dollars in punitive damages.

Buoyed by feverish support on social media and in court, Johnny believes he now has a “golden chance” to reset his career.

Later this year, he plans to release an album with Beck, written by the two men at Beck’s home in Sussex, where Johnny has been spending months at a time. He will also make art house films.

Johnny has remained largely silent since the UK court ruling, but told journalist Jason Solomons: “This is the golden opportunity to do exactly what I’ve wanted to do for years, which is make the movies or cinema I want, to get out of the staying away from restrictions, not allowing accidental fingers to get in the pie, i.e. making movies that don’t have to be $300 million movies.”

In his new career, he will start from almost zero financially. In 2020 UK court it was revealed that he had made up to £400million during his career.

It was apparently spent on property, drugs, booze and whims such as firing the ashes of his hero, the writer Hunter S. Thompson, into space, costing him £4 million.

He now hopes to pick up the thread of his film career, which hit the buffer after losing his libel action in London and agreeing to withdraw from the Harry Potter spin-off Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore.

Despite the jury awarding him $15 million, the judge reduced the damages from $5 million to Virginia’s maximum of $350,000, bringing his total down to $10,350,000 — minus the $2 million he had to pay Amber. In total, he walks away with $8.35 million in damages.

Talented: Johnny joined Beck at the Royal Albert Hall in west London on Monday and Tuesday evenings after surprising fans with a Sunday performance at Sheffield City Hall

Talented: Johnny joined Beck at the Royal Albert Hall in west London on Monday and Tuesday evenings after surprising fans with a Sunday performance at Sheffield City Hall

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.