USMAIL24
Latest Breaking News & Hot Updates Around USA OR All Over World

The Kid Laroi cancels Melbourne concert

0

- Advertisement -

The Kid Laroi sorry for canceling his Melbourne concert just MINUTES before he had to take the stage: ‘I promise you I gave it all’

The Kid Laroi has apologized to fans after he withdrew from his highly anticipated show in Melbourne at the last minute because he was too ill to perform.

The 18-year-old superstar rapper pulled out of the show at the Rod Laver Arena 40 minutes after the scheduled start time, leaving the huge crowd devastated.

Footage from the concert showed an announcer coming out and delivering the bad news to the stunned crowd.

Downer: The Kid Laroi (pictured) disappointed thousands of fans on Friday when he canceled his Melbourne concert at the last minute because he was too ill to perform. Pictured: The Kid Laroi performs in Perth, May 20 at the RAC Arena

A humble Laroi, whose real name is Charlton Kenneth Jeffrey Howard, posted an apology to fans on his social media in an attempt to explain the dramatic cancellation.

“Melbourne, to say I’m sorry is an understatement,” he began.

The Instagram post then went on to say how Laroi woke up sick on Friday.

Apologies: The Kid Laroi apologized to fans after canceled Melbourne concert on Friday

Apologies: The Kid Laroi apologized to fans after canceled Melbourne concert on Friday

After testing negative for COVID twice, the artist performed a sound check at the venue.

His condition got so bad, Laroi says, that doctors administered an IV.

‘As the night went on, it became’ [the illness] it got worse,” Laroi said in his message, “to the point where it was hard for me to get up and go to the bathroom.”

COVID scare: The singer got sick the morning of Friday's show and took two COVID tests - both came back negative and as the day went on his condition got worse.  Pictured: The Kid Laroi performs in Perth as part of his first world tour

COVID scare: The singer got sick the morning of Friday’s show and took two COVID tests – both came back negative and as the day went on his condition got worse. Pictured: The Kid Laroi performs in Perth as part of his first world tour

Laroi has already played in Sydney and Adelaide as part of his world tour, and he promised to return.

“This is my first tour ever and I absolutely hate having to do this, especially at the last minute because it’s not fair to you guys,” he said in his post.

“I’d be lying to you if I told you I was okay performing for you.”

The Kid Laroi has not announced any new tour dates yet.

Stay tuned: The Kid Laroi hasn't announced any new tour dates yet

Stay tuned: The Kid Laroi hasn’t announced any new tour dates yet

The pop superstar flew into Australia with his girlfriend, TikTok star Katarina Deme, last month.

He kicked off the Australian leg of his End of the World Tour in Sydney on May 26 and is now embarking on a series of stadium shows.

These concerts are the first time he has performed in front of an audience in his hometown since opening for his late mentor Juice WRLD in 2019.

Superstar: Laroi flew into Australia last week with his model girlfriend Katarina Deme (left)

Superstar: Laroi flew into Australia last week with his model girlfriend Katarina Deme (left)

Advertisement

- Advertisement -

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.