The Kid Laroi forced to cancel SECOND Melbourne concert ‘on doctor’s prescription’ after diagnosis: ‘It kills me’
The Kid Laroi disappointed thousands of fans on Friday when he canceled a major concert in Melbourne nearly 40 minutes after he was due to take the stage.
And on Saturday, the 18-year-old star was forced to cancel his second show, with a statement saying he had been diagnosed with the flu and had to rest “on a doctor’s prescription.”
“I love you more than life itself, and it hurts me that I have to put it off” [the second concert],’ He wrote.
Downer: The Kid Laroi, 18, (pictured) had to cancel his second Melbourne concert after revealing he had the flu and had to rest ‘on doctor’s prescription’
“This is my first time touring and I’m discovering a lot of new things about my body that I didn’t know before. I’m doing everything I can now to take care of myself and make sure I’m good to come back and give you all the show you deserve.”
Laroi, whose real name is Charlton Kenneth Jeffrey Howard, attempted to take the podium in Melbourne on Friday night but was unable to perform due to the severity of the illness.
“I wanted to perform really badly so we called the doctors and had them bring in an IV and some extra stuff to try and help,” Laroi said in a social media post Friday.
Sick: Laroi, whose real name is Charlton Kenneth Jeffrey Howard, attempted to take the stage in Melbourne on Friday night but was unable to perform due to the severity of the illness
“As the night went on, it got worse, to the point where it was hard for me to get up and go to the bathroom.
“I got super lightheaded and my body felt super heavy. I promise you with all my heart that I gave everything in me to try and get on that stage tonight.”
“This is my first tour ever and I absolutely hate having to do this, especially at the last minute because it’s not fair to you guys, but at the end of the day I have to put my health first and I would lie to you when I told you I was okay to perform for you.
Apologies: The Kid Laroi apologized to fans after canceled Melbourne concert on Friday
“I love you more than anything in the world and again, I’m so incredibly sorry.”
The Instagram post then went on to say how Laroi woke up sick on Friday.
After testing negative for COVID twice, the artist performed a sound check at the venue.
His condition got so bad, Laroi says, that doctors administered an IV.
Those in attendance were frustrated that the singer waited until after the show started to cancel the performance.
“I went and waited two hours for him to come out so he could cancel. Awful and embarrassing,” one fan tweeted.
Devastated: The 18-year-old superstar rapper pulled out of the show at the Rod Laver Arena forty minutes after its scheduled start time, leaving the huge crowd devastated. Pictured: A fan reacts after hearing the Kid Laroi couldn’t get on stage Friday night
“What a disappointment as it was my daughter’s 16th birthday. Saved to take down her friend, spend a night on the town. Now she has a lifelong disappointing memory, instead of a great night,” said another.
‘Can you also refund the flights and accommodation I paid for. Just nonsense to cancel after he should have come,” someone else on the show asked.
He will play his rescheduled shows on June 10 and 12.
Angry: Footage from the concert showed an announcer coming out and delivering the bad news to the stunned crowd