Latest Breaking News & Hot Updates Around USA OR All Over World

Vegemite changes its iconic yellow label to show how the popular spread can be used in bolognese

0

Vegemite announces a big change to its iconic yellow label: ‘It’s a well-kept secret ingredient’

  • Vegemite has launched its six-piece Mitey Meals range with new yellow labels
  • Each dish has the name of a meal and a QR code to scan for a recipe
  • A number of Aussies use Vegemite as their ‘secret ingredient’ in regular dishes

The makers of Vegemite have put together a new line of labels and containers to promote some of the best ways Aussies can use the spread in pre-dinner meals.

Whether it’s nachos, bolognese, pizza, stir-fry or pho, the new range from Mitey Meals has a scannable QR code on the side of the tub to inspire you to add the yeast extract spread to various dishes.

Depending on which recipe you want to taste, depends on which new container you buy in the supermarket.

Whether it’s nachos, bolognese, pizza, stir-fry or pho, the new range from Mitey Meals has a scannable QR code on the side of the tub to inspire you to add the yeast extract spread across different dishes.

“The Mitey Meals labels show how Vegemite can add a uniquely Aussie flavor to beloved recipes,” says Vegemite marketing manager Jess Hoare.

“We apologize in advance if adding Vegemite to meals was your well-kept secret ingredient.”

While many are used to enjoying their Vegemite for breakfast on a slice of toast, there are plenty of ways Aussies eat the spread.

Other options such as gravy, soup, scones, cheese puffs and chocolate truffles were considered by the new range but simply weren’t as popular as pizza and pho.

While many are used to enjoying their Vegemite for breakfast on a slice of toast, there are a myriad of ways Aussies eat the spread

While many are used to enjoying their Vegemite for breakfast on a slice of toast, there are a myriad of ways Aussies eat the spread

Other options such as gravy, soup, scones, cheese puffs and chocolate truffles were considered by the new range but simply weren't as popular as pizza and pho.

Other options such as gravy, soup, scones, cheese puffs and chocolate truffles were considered by the new range but simply weren’t as popular as pizza and pho.

In a Facebook poll conducted in August, the brand found that of all the creative ways to use vegemite in their meals, bolognese was the clear winner.

The majority (60 percent) of respondents said they liked using Vegemite in cooking, while the other 40 percent had never tried it, but were eager to get started.

Vegemite enthusiasts shared some of their favorite ways to use the spread in the comments, including as a salty salad dressing.

Mitey Meals will be available in all major supermarkets in 150g, 380g and 560g jars, as well as 200g and 350g Squeezy products.

Advertisement

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.