© 2022 - USMAIL24.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Why does Prince Harry think he is safer in the Netherlands than in the UK? Ex-Royal Protection Officer says:
Prince Harry would have been safer coming to Britain for his grandfather’s memorial service than going to the Netherlands in a fortnight for the Invictus Games, the senior police officer protecting him and his mother told MailOnline today.
The Duke of Sussex has made the decision to cross the Atlantic to The Hague shortly after refusing to be with his British family at Westminster Abbey ten days ago.
After delay due to the pandemic, the next edition of the Invictus Games, an international sports competition for wounded or sick servicemen and veterans from around the world, will take place from April 16 to 22.
Former Met Inspector Ken Wharfe, who served as a protection officer for Princess Diana, William and Harry, has said Invictus’ ties to the military and former soldiers — common targets for terrorists, including ISIS extremists — represent the potential threat to them and Harry is there demonstrably higher. then be in London on March 29 for Prince Philip’s thanksgiving service.
The Supreme Court heard that the Duke did not feel safe in Britain without Scotland Yard officers with him. Harry wants to visit his children from the US but can’t go back to his house because it’s too dangerous, a legal representative said earlier.
But he still flies all over the world to The Hague. Police and security services in the Netherlands have declined to say whether he will receive royal patronage in the Netherlands, although this is likely because one of the partners of the event is the Dutch Ministry of Defense, which is also responsible for the country’s security and terrorism. .
Ken Wharfe told MailOnline: ‘I am baffled as to why Harry thinks he would be safer in the Netherlands than in the UK. He is said to have traveled with his brother or father to his grandfather’s memorial service and received protection from the Met. It’s not as if he would have come to Westminster Abbey by bicycle.”
He added: ‘The Dutch police will conduct their own security investigations and liaise with Harry’s private security. But in my opinion it is a greater risk to go to the Netherlands to support a charity with a military link than to come to London last week’.
Harry is going to the Netherlands for the Invictus Games and used a surprise video call with the British team yesterday
The Duke of Sussex also recently joked that he was learning Dutch and wearing orange – the national color of the Netherlands
Ken Wharfe, who protected Diana, Harry and William (pictured together in 1993), says he is ‘stunned’ by the Duke of Sussex’s decision not to travel to the UK but to the Netherlands
The Royal Netherlands Marechaussee is charged with the protection of the Dutch royal family and visiting dignitaries. The Dutch force declined to comment on whether they would protect Harry when approached by MailOnline
Ken Wharfe agrees government is right to stand up to Harry over security
MailOnline has asked Prince Harry’s spokesperson about his security arrangements for Invictus. The Dutch and MoD and royal protection services declined to comment.
A spokesperson said: ‘We are taking measures based on the security threat level’.
The Duke finds himself at the heart of an extraordinary legal dispute over his safety when he comes to Britain. He started legal proceedings against the Department of the Interior after being told that he would no longer receive the same level of personal protection if he came to visit from the US, despite the fact that he had offered to pay for it himself.
Mr Wharfe said ‘no one is stopping Harry from bringing his own security to the UK’, although they wouldn’t be able to carry weapons. He also said he believed the Met and the government would “meet him halfway through” and provide a liaison officer to discuss any risks, but said British authorities were “totally right” to take a stand against him. .
Meghan bids farewell to Mayhew: British animal charity announces royal family protection ends a year after Megxit
Meghan Markle has announced the end of her patronage with her favorite animal charity Mayhew – just a year after Megxit.
The 40-year-old Duchess of Sussex, who currently lives in their $14 million mansion in Montecito after stepping down from royal duty last year, has been the organization’s patroness since 2019.
In a statement posted on social media today, the charity said it had been a “busy and productive three years together during which we have received so much from her kind support…[Meghan] you will always be part of the Mayhew family.”
Meanwhile, the Duchess wrote in an open letter shared by the charity: ‘The emotional support of a rescue animal is second to none – as you will soon realize; it is not you who save them, it is they who save you.’
Meghan remained in the position even after she stepped down as senior royal, as it is one she kept private, rather than given by the Queen.
Meghan also remains a patron of Smart Works. She had to give up her royal patronage of the National Theater and the Association of Commonwealth Universities as part of the Megxit agreement.
It comes as the Duke and Duchess have released a statement on their website urging fans to support a host of American women’s causes through their Archewell website.
In a statement released today by Mayhew, the Duchess wrote: “While my time as patron of Mayhew has come to an end, my unwavering support has not. I encourage each of you to support in any way you can.
In a longer open letter on the Mayhew website, Meghan explained how she had been introduced to the charity by friend Oli Juste, who passed away earlier this year.
She wrote: ‘On January 15, 2022, my beloved friend Oli passed away tragically and very suddenly. It has left me, and so many others, feeling heartbroken and thoughtful – knowing that the legacy he leaves for our furry friends is beautifully simple: just love them.”
Meghan, an advocate for adopting rescue dogs, chose animal welfare organization Mayhew as one of her first patrons in 2019.
“Harry wants everything to be the way it was before he left for America,” he said.
The experienced royal security guard added: ‘If he was with the royal family he would be protected by armed officers’, but not if he wanted to go to the pub with his mates in the evenings.
Last month the High Court heard the Duke did not feel safe in Britain without Scotland Yard officers, who he says provide superior protection to privately hired bodyguards.
The Duke’s legal team claimed he wanted to return to the UK “to see family and friends”, adding: “This is and will always be his home.”
Harry would like to come back for the thanksgiving service for Philip and bring his children Archie and Lilibet and wife Meghan.
Government officials are said to be outraged by the royal family’s legal action.
They would have warned him that British police officers are not available for ‘personal protection’, and that it was ‘irrelevant’ that he offered to pay them himself.
After his grandfather died in April last year, Harry returned for the funeral, leaving his then-pregnant wife Meghan and son Archie in America.
The decision for Harry to miss such an important event last week, especially one in honor of his beloved grandfather, is likely to put even more strain on his strained relationship with his family.
When the Queen recently announced that it was her “sincere wish” for Camilla to become queen when her husband Charles is king, Harry did not make an overtly supportive comment to his stepmother in response to the news.
And the royal family is bracing for further bombing of Harry when he publishes his memoir, which has reportedly been pushed back to the end of this year.
Yesterday Harry surprised Invictus Games Team UK participants with a video call as members gathered for a final training camp before the event takes place in the Netherlands later this month.
The Duke founded the Games to aid the rehabilitation of wounded or sick servicemen and veterans from around the world by challenging them to participate in sporting events similar to the Paralympic Games.
The crowd burst into laughter when Harry noted that participants had had two years to prepare for the games and that fitness should therefore not be an issue.
“You realize that nobody, not just you, nobody has an excuse not to be fit right now,” he joked.
Harry also inquired about Vic Wales, former Instructor of the Royal Army’s Physical Training Corps, who was one of the teaching staff when he was a cadet at Sandhurst.
“Is my Sandhurst PTI here somewhere?” Harry asked, before seeing her and exclaiming, “There she is.”
Prince Andrew controversially walked down the aisle at Westminster Abbey with her mother. Pictured: He lets go of his mother’s arm as she walks the last steps to her chair unaided
He said: ‘I can’t believe that after how many years, 15 years, our paths will cross again.
“You yelled at me so many times.”
Harry seemed to have been told he needed it when he said, ‘I needed it. Yes cool. That’s fair enough too.’