Bodies of four children and their grandmother are wheeled out of their LA home: father arrested on suspicion of murder
- A woman and four children under the age of 12, including a baby, were found dead Sunday evening at their home in Lancaster, California.
- Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Officers were dispatched to the house around 10:30 p.m. after receiving a call that someone had stopped breathing
- When they arrived they found the woman, three boys and a girl with gunshot wounds to the upper body and they were pronounced dead at the scene
- A man believed to be the father of the children has turned himself into the Lancaster Sheriff’s Station, but it’s unclear if he’s a suspect
- The shooting is still under investigation
A grandmother and four grandchildren were found dead from gunshot wounds at their California home Sunday night.
As ABC 7 reports, Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Officers were dispatched to a home in Lancaster, north of Los Angeles, around 10:30 p.m. after receiving a call that someone had stopped breathing.
When officers arrived on the scene, they found an adult woman and four children with gunshot wounds to the upper body.
All the children — three boys and one girl, according to CBS Los Angeles — are under the age of 12, including a baby. They were all pronounced dead on the spot.
The children’s father has now turned himself into the Lancaster Sheriff’s Station and is being interviewed by investigators, but it remains unclear whether he is a suspect in the deaths.
A woman and four children were found dead at this Lancaster, California home on Sunday night
Homicide detectives were still on site Monday morning
Authorities say they received a call around 10:30 p.m. about someone who had stopped breathing and arrived at the scene to find the woman and children dead
The victim’s names have not been released.
The circumstances surrounding the deaths and a possible motive are also unclear as of Monday morning.
The murders are now under investigation.
Investigators were still on the scene early Monday morning.